EXPERIENCED FACULTY: THE CRITICAL DIFFERENCE
Cal State Monterey Bay's experienced faculty members are intellectual and supportive resources for students. Our highly credentialed educators truly understand the ins and outs of business and executive development.
Drawing from their professional and personal experiences, our faculty members are equipped to help you increase your business and career success.
Meet Cal State Monterey Bay's MBA program leaders and other full-time faculty who teach in the MBA program:
Dr. Marylou Shockley
Chair, School of Business
Author of several books, Marylou brings her passion for leadership, international business and organizational behavior to the classroom. Her doctorate in business is from Oxford University in England. Marylou's work in the fields of diversity and social application of network technologies is well known, based on her significant business experience with AT&T and Pacific Bell.
Dr. Murray R. Millson
Director, MBA Program
Professor of Marketing
Widely published in journals, as well the co-author of two books, Murray specializes in innovation and marketing. Previously, he taught at the University of Maryland University College and several international universities. He received his MBA and PhD degrees in management and marketing from Syracuse University. His corporate experience includes General Electric in various engineering and management assignments. Murray is also a registered Professional Engineer in California.
Dr. Brad Barbeau
Assistant Professor of Marketing and Entrepreneurship
Brad's forte is the development of innovative financial and strategic business models and building organizations to effectively execute those models. Brad has founded and operated successful businesses and brings that experience into the classroom. He holds a Ph.D. in business administration from the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business. He also received his MBA and a Master's in Economics from the University of Michigan.
Adjunct Faculty must apply through a rigorous process before acceptance as faculty in this MBA Program. Listed below is the expertise and educational background of a few of the adjunct faculty, many of whom are currently working in their specialty fields:
- A senior member of an international consulting firm with significant background in diverse organizations, including Fortune 500 and the military, uses all his experiences in leading his classes. He received his PhD from the Rand Graduate School, and also has three masters' degrees.
- An experienced online professor with MBA and JD degrees from the University of Tennessee specializes in risk management. He also maintains a current practice focusing on tax law.
- A senior professor in a Northeast college with a PhD from State University of New York at Albany leads students through the formative course in their MBA. He has a specialty in business ethics, innovation and social entrepreneurship.
- This classroom and online professor received her PhD from University of California at Santa Barbara and has specialties in international trade, economic decision-making, and business assessment.
- A business simulation expert with PhD from University of Washington, Seattle, and MBA from University of Florida leads the final course in the MBA program. He developed one of the earliest computer business simulation environments, one that has been adopted worldwide.